Thursday, December 8, 2011

"The Mac deal"

As I was looking for my dream Apple, I'm trying to choose between the MAC and the iPad. I came across Apples recycling program. I wasn't aware of their recycle program when I ran across so I thought I would take this opportunity and share with my readers.

Apple recycles everything from MAC, PC, to batteries. They remove all components that maybe reused or recycled. The metal and glass can be used in new products. They recycle most of the plastics by using the pellitized method to turn it into raw secondary materiel. By using these methods Apple recycles/recovers up to 90%  rate of recovery of the orginal weight of the product being recycled/reused. This reduces the need for raw materials which has lessens the impact on the environment......reduces your carbon footprint. 

If the product you send in happens to qualify for reuse program. Apple will send you a Apple gift card in the amount that your product was valued at to use for a future Apple purchase. If it gets recycled Apple will recycle it responsibly and the best part is at NO cost to you. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Upcycle With Jem and Powered by Blogger.